A Nationally Recognized Investment Fraud Law Firm You Can Trust
Welcome to Zamansky LLC, a leading investment fraud law firm specializing in securities fraud and financial services arbitration and litigation. We represent individual and institutional investors who have suffered losses as a result of fraud or other misconduct by financial advisors, brokerage firms or issuers of securities. Our practice is nationally recognized for our ability to aggressively prosecute cases and recover losses.
Jacob Zamansky, the firm’s founder, has more than three decades experience practicing securities law. He is a highly sought after media commentator and his expertise is frequently cited and quoted in leading business publications. Mr. Zamansky’s securities law blog is closely read and monitored by regulators and influential financial reporters and has prompted several major news and feature stories.
The other investment fraud attorneys at the firm, Edward Glenn, Jr., Samuel Bonderoff, are seasoned litigators with decades of combined experience bringing FINRA arbitrations and federal class actions on behalf of investors. Together, the attorneys at our firm work as an integrated team to give you the best available representation and secure for you the best possible result.
The Zamansky, LLC Experience
The firm was founded with the singular goal of recovering losses due to wrongdoing at financial services firms and securities brokerages. Our decades of combined experience in this niche and our institutional knowledge of financial industry practices are unparalleled.
Below are some FAQs that can help you understand how our firm operates and why you should choose an investment fraud attorney from our firm to manage your securities fraud or related claim.
What is investment fraud?
Investment fraud is far more common than most investors would like to believe. Fraud in connection with financial investments is not limited to companies lying about their financial stability to convince investors to purchase shares of company stock. Investment fraud also involves a wide array of improper behaviors on the part of financial advisors, money managers, broker-dealers, and investment professionals.
Signs You Have a Claim for Investment Fraud
You may have a claim for damages caused by investment losses if:
- A broker or financial advisor suggested unsuitable high-risk investments. Brokers and advisors are expected to know their customers and recommend investments that are consistent with their customers’ risk tolerances.
- A broker or financial advisor engaged in churning. Excessive trading in your account can cost you money in commissions and fees and make it difficult to experience gains. Churning your account is a breach of fiduciary duty which may be actionable.
- A broker or financial advisor executed unauthorized trades. It is improper and illegal for a broker or advisor to make trades in your account without your explicit authorization.
- Your portfolio was over-concentrated in a particular investment type. It is the responsibility of money managers to diversify portfolios to reduce risks to investors. When a money manager fails to properly diversify your investment portfolio, the manager may be liable if your portfolio declines in value.
- You paid large commissions while your investments lost money. Your investment advisors or brokers may have been focused on their own commissions rather than making sound investments on your behalf.
- High risk private placements were sold to you. Private placements routinely advertise high rates of return in offering memorandums, while downplaying risks of loss of capital. Broker-dealers should only recommend and market high risk private placements to investors who can afford the loss of capital.
- Highly-leveraged ETFs were sold to you. Volatile markets can result in big losses with highly-leveraged ETFs (exchange-traded funds) and leveraged ETFs are inherently riskier than their un-leveraged counterparts. Only sophisticated investors who can afford to sustain losses and manage the risks of highly-leveraged ETFs should be sold this investment product.
The SEC also points to red flag indicators specific to oil and gas scams, including sales pitches promising “can’t miss” or “completely safe” wells and marketing tactics using highly publicized news items.
Additionally, investors who were promised unrealistically high rates of return, and those who were sent unsolicited materials, may also have been the target of deceptive marketing and inappropriate sales practices — such as one of our largest investigations: yield enhancement strategy losses.
What types of clients does Zamansky, LLC represent?
We work with:
- Individual investors
- Institutional investors
- Employees who invested in their company stock through 401(k) and similar savings plans
- Employees of securities and financial services firms
How does Zamansky, LLC recover losses for clients?
We pursue claims against financial services firms via arbitration managed by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Brokerage firms are required to arbitrate disputes through the securities arbitration process, meaning that any investor or employee who feels misled or unfairly treated can get an independent party to hear, investigate, and rule on their case. With a securities arbitration complaint, the brokerage involved is forced to take notice and respond in a timely manner.
Most decisions are final and appeals by the brokerage industry are rare, successful appeals are rarer still.
Does geographic location matter?
Our securities and investment fraud law firm can file claims on behalf of investors across the United States, as well as in other countries, which we frequently do.
How will my investment fraud attorney be compensated?
In most circumstances, we work with clients based on a contingency or success-based fee, which ensures that our financial interests are aligned with those of each client.
How do I file an investment fraud claim?
A Principled Investment Fraud Law Firm
Zamansky LLC was founded under the premise that clients should receive hands-on service from the most experienced attorneys. Securities arbitration lawyer and firm founder Jacob Zamansky has nearly three decades of experience litigating and arbitrating cases against financial services firms and their law firms. And the other attorneys at our firm are also seasoned litigators who know the ins and outs of recovering losses suffered as a result of investment fraud and other similar misconduct.
Your investment fraud attorney will take a unique approach to each case to determine how best to rectify wrong-doing and recover losses. No two clients’ circumstances are ever the same, and neither are the approaches we devise to address them.
We have determined that the securities arbitration process, which is mandatory for investors in nearly every case, provides the most advantageous and cost-effective process for resolving disputes. Arbitration is not only the quickest path to a resolution, but it also offers a more even playing field for investors.
All clients, regardless of their wealth or size of their loss, deserve to have the right to be treated honestly in their investments and to have their claims handled by the best possible representation. And when those rights are trespassed against, we are here to help win your claim.
At Zamansky LLC, our record—many millions recovered for investors in hundreds of cases—speaks for itself.