Experienced High-Yield Bond Loss Attorneys Gives Investors Solutions
Zamansky LLC concentrates its practice on securities and employment-related litigation. Our attorneys have dedicated their careers to helping investors recover losses arising from stockbroker negligence, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. Our law firm is located in the heart of Wall Street and serves clients nationwide.
Strong communication with clients is an important aspect of our legal representation. We invite investors to review the frequently asked questions below and to contact our attorneys to schedule a no-risk claims evaluation. Because we handle investment claims on contingency, our interests are directly aligned with our clients’ interests.
- What is a junk bond?
A junk bond is a high-yield, fixed-income, non-investment grade instrument that carries a rating of Ba or lower by Moody’s or BB or lower by Standard & Poor’s (S&P) or Fitch.
- Why are junk bond investments risky?
The quick, high returns associated with junk bonds come with high risks of default. Many junk bonds never recover value as the company continues to falter or eventually files for bankruptcy.
- How can investors identify a junk bond?
The instrument is a junk bond if:
- The rating agencies have classified it as non-investment grade
- The bond yields high returns that are above the norm
- The bond never recovers value or defaults
- The company does not recover or goes bankrupt
- The investment is in the energy sector, a commodities market or other volatile industry
- The investment is in Puerto Rico or other failing economy
- Are junk bonds always a bad investment?
Some investors with high-risk tolerance may choose to invest in junk bonds with the intention of earning high returns in a short period of time. The potential of making more money may be worthwhile to some investors who can absorb the potential losses.
- When is a junk bond an unsuitable investment?
Junk bonds are an unsuitable investment for conservative investors with low risk tolerance, such as retirees or those saving to meet relatively modest long-term goals. Also, an investor with a large percentage of high-risk junk bonds may benefit from a more diverse portfolio that includes less risk.
- Under what legal theories can an investor file a claim?
An investor who has lost money in junk bonds may have valid claims based on stockbroker negligence, stockbroker misconduct, stockbroker fraud, unsuitable investment and breach of fiduciary duty.
- What can an investor do to recover losses arising out of junk bond investment?
We encourage investors to contact Zamansky LLC to discuss options for the recovery of losses arising out of junk bond investments. Our case evaluations are free and confidential.
- Why retain Zamansky LLC to recover junk bond losses?
Our Wall Street-based law firm is well respected for our aggressive pursuit of damages on behalf of our clients. Jacob Zamansky, our firm’s founder, has more than three decades of experience in securities litigation, and we attract accomplished trial lawyers with sophisticated knowledge of securities, regulatory proceedings, and FINRA arbitrations.
Contact Our NYC Securities Law Firm for Answers
Zamansky LLC protects the rights of investors who have been advised to invest in the junk bond market. If you have questions or concerns about a junk bond investment, call our securities litigation firm today. Your claims assessment is risk-free and confidential and our lawyers respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.